Sr. No. Festival Date Day
1. Makarsankranti 14/01/2012 Saturday
2. Republic Day 26/01/2012 Thursday
3. MAHASHIVARATRI 20TH FEB, 2012 Monday
4. Dhuleti (Holi) 08/03/2012 Thursday
5. RAM NAVMI 1ST APRIL, 2012 Sunday
6. Balev/Rakshabandhan 02/08/2012 Thursday
7. Janmashtami 10/08/2012 Friday
8. Independence Day 15/08/2012 Wednesday
9. Dusshera 24/10/2012 Wednesday
10. Diwali 13/11/2012 Tuesday
11. New Year (Vikram Samvat) 14/11/2012 Wednesday
12. Bhaibij 15/11/2012 Thursday
**** ****** ******
Shubh Muhurat for Diwali 2010: Lakshmi Puja, Diwali Muhurat for Trading
October 31, 2010
Diwali is the most awaited festival for Indians which falls in the first week of November this year. A very large section of the Hindus depends on astrology and adheres to the ideal time (muhurats) to perform the pujas and do investments. The auspicious day and the subsequent muhurats are therefore integral to the Diwali rituals
It begins with the eleventh day of Hindu Calender vikram samvat 2066 called Rama Ekadashi which falls on 2nd November.
It is only the ritual performing community which begins puja from this day.
Dhanteras or Dhanvantri Puja
This year baras (12th) and teras (13th) are on the same day. November 3, 2010 is the auspicious day for Dhanvantri Puja. Lakshmi Puja may be performed on this day and on Diwali. On this day purchase of metals – ornaments, utensils and instruments is considered lucky.
The pious time for buying gold, silver and account puja are :
07.00 am to 9:15 am.
11.15 am to 12:45 pm
03:20 pm to 06:05 pm
07:30 pm to 11:30 pm
11:30 pm to 12:15 am
06:50 am to 11:00 am Chitra Naxatra
12:30 pm to 03:15 pm Swati Naxatra
04:35 pm to 05:55 pm
06:15 pm to 10:40 pm
12:30 am to 05:00 am (6th November)